I want to have an affair in 2016…. oh yes, I do!
Rather than making a plan for the year, I really want to have an affair with inspiration instead. I want to be seduced by life, opportunities, and magical encounters.
2015 taught me that if I’m not consistently engaged in creating something, I am usually busy destroying something, usually work or my relationships.
How did I figure this out?
Easy, I take an inventory of my life at the end of each year to take an honest look at what is, what happened, what didn’t happen, and WHY. I recap and reflect.
Guess what I found?
My WHY didn't it happen was loaded with lack of inspiration. And when I mapped out what I wanted to experience, learn and create in 2016 I decided it was time for a magical love affair. This year I choose seduction over chasing goals.
2015 was an extraordinary year, loaded with exciting experiences and invaluable lessons. It was the year I wanted to rise in love. And by doing so this is what I learned:
- Things can change in an instance and it's best not to question why.
- Love is transformational. Never shy away from someone who offers to grow with you. Walk if they don’t.
- If you don’t enjoy it, leave it. I let go of pursuing things that didn’t feed my spirit. Just dropped it like a hot potato. Done!
- Learned to say no without resentment and yes without regret.
- I stopped acting out my feelings and started communicating them instead.
- Fear is paralyzing and a waste of time.
- Illness has reminded me how much I value my health and vitality.
- Walking away from what I love brought me closer to it.
- Sometimes it’s not worth venturing out into new frontiers. It’s okay to stick with what I love.
- What worked today may not work tomorrow.
- Sisterhood is everything!
- Collaboration rocks.
- Having a tribe of like-minded and like-hearted people feeds my soul and fuels my drive.
- Procrastinating and dropping the ball ended up being a really good thing. It was a sign of NOT feeling aligned with where I want to go/grow.
- Knowing when to quit is as valuable as seeing something through.
- The Alps are stunning. Croatia is gorgeous. London is too sleepy and rigid for me. New York still feels like home. Thailand makes me come alive.
- Spending time with family and loved ones is becoming more and more important the older I get.
- Nothing inspires me more than people who can truly own their story. Good and bad.
- It’s okay to be a nomad. I don’t like feeling trapped.
- I broke up with yoga and joined a gym for a minute only to go right back to yoga.
- Failing hurts. Finding the courage to feel the pain and wholeheartedly make your way back up is hard.
- Staying busy is a great way to mask emotions. Living hard or fast so that our true emotions never surface is a cop out.
- Being a coach and advisor allows me to sit in front of greatness every day.
- I let go of my fantasy of perfection and embraced the fact that I'm a deeply disciplined Jack of all Trades and the Master of None.
- Transformation is messy and it's where the magic happens.
- The ego is a hungry ghost. It will never be satisfied and can make you miss the moment.
- Resentment and grief are the stepping stones to forgiveness.
- There is no easy fix for pain. The emotional process does not have a set formula. Shit comes up.
- Transparency around people who love and accept you is heart opening.
- Let go of what you think you want and embrace what might be right in front of you.
- When you are aligned with yourself, the universe will conspire to support you. If it doesn’t it just isn’t your thing. More is to come… And it always does
What did you learn last year? And what do you want to experience in 2016?
I always want to hear from you. Don't be shy, write me!
PS- if you like what you read, please feel free to pass along to your family and friends!